Could you be the brilliant, forward-looking artist we are looking for?
Check out our latest open call to artists
Right Up Our Street is looking for contemporary artistic ideas (from any artform) that will develop audiences and participants in a meaningful way in Doncaster.
Whether you are a member of a local community group working in a library or an internationally experienced performance artist, if you have a great idea that will engage new and repeat participants and audiences and will meaningfully invest in Doncaster’s cultural legacy then the Right Up Our Street team wants to hear from you. Find out more
Behind the Right Up Our Street programme is a group of organisations that brings together experience and understanding of the arts and of Doncaster with the aim of making all sorts of art and performance happen in surprising and exciting ways in the town:
- darts (Doncaster Community Arts) is one of the largest participatory arts companies in the country with more than twenty years of experience working in depth with communities throughout the Doncaster Borough.
- Doncaster Voluntary Arts Network (DVAN) is the established umbrella organisation for voluntary arts in Doncaster with 150 member organisations engaging hundreds of local people in their work.
- Doncaster Culture & leisure Trust (DCLT) operates The Dome and leisure centres throughout Doncaster, connecting with thousands of local people every day. DCLT is also the parent charity for what is now Cast.
- Cast is Doncaster’s new performance venue opened in September 2013 and the fourth member of our partnership.
- Balby Community Library joined the consortium in Phase Two after working closely with Right Up Our Street in Phase One and being a key partner.