Over the last 5 years we have:
- Secured almost £8 million for the arts in Doncaster, mostly as new investment into the borough
- Welcomed over 40,000 visits to 800 events every year at The Point, our town centre venue
- Acted as lead partner on Right Up Our Street along with Cast, Doncaster Culture & leisure Trust and Doncaster Voluntary Arts Network- together we have already engaged over 50,000 people in the arts (67% of them for the first time!) and attracted 10,000 visitors into the borough
- Joined with partner, Doncaster Music Service, to run Doncaster Music Education Hub described by Arts Council England as “an exemplary partnership” and “an example of outstanding practice in cross local authority partnership working”
- Engaged with 97.6% of Doncaster schools through Doncaster Music Education Hub against a national average of 77.6%.
Help more children achieve Arts Awards than any other agency in Yorkshire – we are among the highest ten performing nationally!
- Established Creative Directions, an arts based recovery programme for adults with long-term mental health conditions. Core funding is secured for five years to support over 200 people a year. The programme is achieving strong outcomes – 82% feel better about themselves, 95% feel less isolated and 95% are engaging in more activities as a result of attending Creative Directions
We have won a number of Awards and we are proud of all of them!
We won the national Fantastic for Families Best Family Welcome Award 2019, making us one of the UK’s most family-friendly and cultural organisations.
Our project, Singing for Memory, was highly commended in the Doncaster Dementia Awards 2018 and In the Moment was highly commended in 2019.
darts was Third Sector Organisation of the Year in the Doncaster Business Awards 2016 and was a finalist in 2018.