moments of joy report
An arts and housing programme led by SYHA, Yorkshire Artspace & darts
Moments of Joy is an initiative led by South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) and aims to inject ‘joy’ into the day to day organisational offer of a large and successful Housing Association. Following some initial pilot projects, SYHA was successful in securing funding from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation for a larger project across South Yorkshire with partners Yorkshire Artspace in Sheffield and darts in Doncaster.
A range of creative programmes was delivered with SYHA residents in different locations in 2016 and 2017.
The initial aims of the Moments of Joy programme were to:
- increase access to art forms in deprived communities
- increase participants’ wellbeing
- train artists in co-production
- overcome access and participation barriers
- support innovation and shared learning between arts and housing
- increase employability skills via volunteering
This final report written by Dr Paula McCloskey gives detailed insight into the project as a whole and the difference made to the lives of those involved.
arts and health case study